A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Saturday, April 12, 2014
Happy Hour: Mississippi Punch- Civil War Era Cocktail Recipe
(For a Single Serving)
1 wine glass brandy
1/2 wine glass Jamaica rum
1/2 wine glass bourbon whiskey
1/2 wine glass water
1/4 large lemon
1 and 1/2 tbs. powdered white sugar
Place the above in a large tumbler filled with shaved ice. Shake well, and to those who like their draughts
"like linked sweetness long drawn out," let them use a glass tube or a straw to sip the nectar through. The top of this punch should be ornamented with small pieces of orange, and berries in season. For a large party, multiply the above by the number of imbibers and mix in a punch bowl.
From Bon-Vivant's Companion by Jerry Thomas, 1862.
http://www.civilwarinteractive.com/CookbookBuzz2.htm
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment