body

Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Music Video: "Away" by The Bolshoi


We're in love, let's be together  
Happy times or heavy weather  
Mother says, today's a special day  
So let's not fight, okay, yeah
 

When you were at school, you were a honey  
The boys all loved you, you loved their money  
The boys would stare, you'd cross your legs  
And then you'd toss your hair
 

Away  
Yes, you get by  
Away
 

Money's scarce, but family honor  
Brings it home, brings it home  
And down the shop, their tongues they snicker  
TV dinners, beer and liquor, oh yeah
 

Skeletons fall out of cupboards  
Curtains drawn, fall open to allow  
The light shows up the dust  
That plays around your face
 

Away  
Yes, you get by  
Away
 

Away  
Yes, you get by 
Away
 

Innocence and lies don't make a perfect match  
Leave your door unlatched  
I know a word could be untrue  
And yet still move you
 

And all that time they bring their friends 'round 
Dress you up, show you up  
And all the time they told you it was true 
Well, I'll believe you now
 

But then I just don't know  
I think I have to reconsider, yeah  
I know when she got married 
She looked fine in white and lacy frills
 

Oh yeah, she had a baby  
It was painful, it was worth it  
And all the time they stuck the knife in  
Pulled it up and twist it around
 

Away Yes, you get by Away
 

Away Yes, you get by Away
 

Away Oh, yes, you get by Away
 

Well, that's fine, fine, fine

No comments:

Post a Comment