A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Friday, April 18, 2014
Music Video: "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" by Aretha Franklin and George Michael / #1 on Billboard Top 40 on 18 April 1987 and stayed there for two weeks.
Like a warrior that fights
And wins the battle
I know the taste of victory
Though i went through some nights
Consumed by the shadows
I was crippled emotionally
Somehow i made it through the heartache
Yes i did. I escaped.
I found my way out of the darkness
I kept my faith (i know you did), kept my faith
When the river was deep i didn't falter
When the mountain was high i still believed
When the valley was !ow it didn't stop me, no no
I knew you were waiting. I knew you were waiting for me
With an endless desire i kept on searching
Sure in time our eyes would meet
Like the bridge is on fire
The hurt is over, one touch and you set me free
I don't regret a single moment, no i don't looking hack
When i think of all those disappointments
I just laugh (i know you do), i just laugh
When the river was deep i didn't fairer
When the mountain was high i still believed
When the valley was low it didn't stop me
I knew you were waiting. I knew you were waiting for me
So we were drawn together through destiny
I know this love we snared was meant to be
I knew you were waiting, knew you were waiting
I knew you were waiting , knew you were waiting for me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment