Shirer was not meant to be present at the ceremony at all, nor was any foreign journalist. However, Shirer had the help of a German unsympathetic to Hitler to get to the site and to witness the proceedings.
A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Sunday, June 22, 2014
World War II in Pictures- American journalist William Shirer, seen here on the right, types up his despatch on the signing of the French-German Armistice at Compiègne, 22 June 1940.
Shirer was not meant to be present at the ceremony at all, nor was any foreign journalist. However, Shirer had the help of a German unsympathetic to Hitler to get to the site and to witness the proceedings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment