A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Monday, April 28, 2014
Grammar Guides and Goofs- 15 Common Grammar Mistakes
Good list. Love the example of the dangling participle. Along those lines, I saw this great way for picking out the passive voice. If you can add "by zombies" to the end of the sentence, you've probably got the passive voice (which isn't always bad, but often is).
What a great tip A.L. I've found some great graphics on active/passive voice tips and I will include your fun tip. I'm such a geek to get so excited about grammar rules. :)
Good list. Love the example of the dangling participle. Along those lines, I saw this great way for picking out the passive voice. If you can add "by zombies" to the end of the sentence, you've probably got the passive voice (which isn't always bad, but often is).
ReplyDeleteWhat a great tip A.L. I've found some great graphics on active/passive voice tips and I will include your fun tip. I'm such a geek to get so excited about grammar rules. :)
Delete