This is a large wall mural which can be seen in Thorndyke Street off Templemore Avenue in East Belfast. The mural shows the street as it looked following a German Air Raid on 15/16th April 1941 and the small notice attached gives some extra information. You can see from the mural that 2 Air Raid Precaution Wardens were killed in the bombing as well as 7 residents of the street.
A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
World War II History- A large wall mural in Thorndyke Street off Templemore Avenue in East Belfast is a memorial to those who lost their lives in the air raid of 15 April 1941.
This is a large wall mural which can be seen in Thorndyke Street off Templemore Avenue in East Belfast. The mural shows the street as it looked following a German Air Raid on 15/16th April 1941 and the small notice attached gives some extra information. You can see from the mural that 2 Air Raid Precaution Wardens were killed in the bombing as well as 7 residents of the street.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment