On 15 April 1941 Belfast suffered the greatest loss of life in a single raid on the UK outside of London, due in part to the inadequacy of the city's anti-aircraft defenses. Nearly 1,000 people died and half the houses in the city were damaged. Roughly 100,000 people of a total population of 425,000 were left homeless.
A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Tuesday, April 15, 2014
World War II in Pictures- A raid on Belfast claims the lives of nearly 1000 people on 15 April 1941.
On 15 April 1941 Belfast suffered the greatest loss of life in a single raid on the UK outside of London, due in part to the inadequacy of the city's anti-aircraft defenses. Nearly 1,000 people died and half the houses in the city were damaged. Roughly 100,000 people of a total population of 425,000 were left homeless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment