President Harry S. Truman led the US delegation. As part of the founding of the UN, delegates from 48 countries held a memorial for Roosevelt in Muir Woods' Cathedral Grove. A plaque in his honor remains in the spot today.
A forum created to share my thoughts on books I've read, movies I've watched, music I love and snippets of information I've compiled on current and historic events that shaped America and the world.....and some extra stuff just for fun!
Translate
Monday, May 19, 2014
World War II in Pictures- On 19 May 1945, less than three weeks after the death of Adolf Hitler and the fall of Nazi Germany, the delegates to the inaugural meeting of the United Nations drafted and signed the organization's Charter in San Francisco
President Harry S. Truman led the US delegation. As part of the founding of the UN, delegates from 48 countries held a memorial for Roosevelt in Muir Woods' Cathedral Grove. A plaque in his honor remains in the spot today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment